- Our winter technical meeting was held on February 13th. We listened to presentations about a new functional classification system (from Adam Kirk) and updates on projects from LFUCG. New officers were also inducted at this meeting.
- We are planning a spring technical session for April. Stay tuned!
- The University of Kentucky student chapter of ITE is holding a meeting on February 20th. The meeting is sponsored by HW Lochner and students can expect a 3D presentation about one of their current projects, the Alcoa Highway.
- Calling all future engineers!! The University of Kentucky is holding E-Day on Saturday, February 22nd. Our student chapter will be hosting a newspaper bridge competition and a transportation quiz bowl. More info about E-Day here.
- A joint Southern District and International ITE Meeting will be held in New Orleans August 9-12th. More info here. We have scholarships available for those interested in attending, so please reach out! We will also share info in our next newsletter.
* * *
KYSITE is the Kentucky Section of Institute of Transportation Engineers, an organization of professionals that work in the field of transportation engineering and its related applications. KYSITE is part of the Southern District ITE (also known as ITE District 5), which includes nine states in the Southeastern portion of the United States, except Florida.
The Executive Board of KYSITE consists of a President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, three Directors, and a Section Representative to the Southern District ITE. Fall elections are held each year and the elected officers assume their duties from January through December. Current officers are listed here.
Typically, KYSITE holds four meetings each year as well as Executive Board meetings to discuss business associated with KYSITE, District and ITE international activities along with committee reports. A picnic in September has become the Section’s annual social function and our Annual Meeting in late November or early December provides a setting to install officers and directors. Based on the KYSITE membership, the organization is allowed one Southern District ITE delegate.
Membership is open to transportation engineers and planners throughout the Commonwealth. For more information about KYSITE / ITE offerings, click here.