- Save the date for our Winter Technical Session on January 26th, 2023 at the LFUCG Phoenix Conference Room. Registration details will be sent out in early January.
- Our election is over and congratulations to our new officers for 2023:
- President – Graham Winchester
- Vice President – Austin Obenauf
- Treasurer – Roger Mulvaney
- Secretary – Jared Jeffers
ITE International and SDITE are accepting award nominations for several categories in the coming weeks. Listed below are the awards available. The SDITE individual award nominations must be submitted by December 30th, 2022. The SDITE Section award nominations are due January 18th, 2023. The ITE award nominations are due in March. Please contact the KYSITE board if you wish to make a nomination for any of these categories and we will send you the nomination forms.SDITE Individual Awards (due December 30th):
SDITE Section Awards (due January 18th):
- Excellence in Transportation Engineering Education Award
- Joseph M. Thomas Young Member Award
- John F. Exnicios Outstanding Public Service Award
- Private Sector Employee Outstanding Service Award
- Marble J. Hensley Outstanding Individual Activity Award
- Herman J. Hoose Distinguished Service Award
- Outstanding Section Group 1 (GAITE, NCSITE, TSITE, VASITE)
- Outstanding Section Group 2 (ALSITE, DSITE, KYSITE, SCSITE)
- Transportation Achievement Awards (due March 1st)
- Council Impact Awards (due March 31st)
- Check out the 2022 Kentucky Transporation Annual publication including the article featuring KYSITE and 2022 KYSITE President Erin Lammers.
- We hope you would like to stay in the know with KYSITE. To keep up with us, make sure you’re signed up for our newsletter!
- If you’d like to get involved with KYSITE, please email one of our officers.
KYSITE is the Kentucky Section of Institute of Transportation Engineers, an organization of professionals that work in the field of transportation engineering and its related applications. KYSITE is part of the Southern District ITE (also known as ITE District 5), which includes nine states in the Southeastern portion of the United States, except Florida.
The Executive Board of KYSITE consists of a President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, three Directors, and a Section Representative to the Southern District ITE. Fall elections are held each year and the elected officers assume their duties from January through December. Current officers are listed here.
Typically, KYSITE holds four meetings each year as well as Executive Board meetings to discuss business associated with KYSITE, District and ITE international activities along with committee reports. A picnic in September has become the Section’s annual social function and our Annual Meeting in late November or early December provides a setting to install officers and directors. Based on the KYSITE membership, the organization is allowed one Southern District ITE delegate.
Membership is open to transportation engineers and planners throughout the Commonwealth. For more information about KYSITE / ITE offerings, click here.