The Southern District of ITE’s (SDITE) Information, Communication, & Outreach (IC&O) Committee has worked over the past several years to compile presentations which can be used to reach out to varying level of education institutions (elementary to college levels). We encourage you to 1) Review these presentations 2) Download the ones you want to use 3) Customize it; and 4) Present!
Presentations Focused on Elementary School Students
- E1 – Teaching Kids the ABCs of Traffic Engineering
- Description: Presentation on Teaching Kids ABC’s of Traffic Engineering by Chattanooga School Outreach Program
Presentations Focused on High School Students
- HS1 – What is Engineering
- Description: An overview of engineering with a special focus on transportation planning and traffic engineering
- HS2 – Planes, Trains, Automobiles and More
- Description: A presentation on transportation engineering originally presented in 2012.
- HS3 – Planes, Trains, Automobiles and More – Part 2
- Description: A presentation similar to the first, with a bit more overview of traffic engineering project and jobs.
- HS4 – Transportation Engineering Overview
- Description: Focused on overall transportation engineering topics which can be customized for your local presentation
- HS5 – Traffic Engineering Overview
- Description: Presentation with graphics, colors, and shapes which could help with interactive presentation.
Presentations Focused on College Students
- C1 – Responsibilities of a Traffic Engineering Division
- Description: Overview of jobs and tasks within a municipal traffic engineering division / department
- C2 – Trans Planning, Engineering, and Benefits of ITE
- Description: Transportation planning / engineering overview with benefits of ITE included and graphics
- C3 – What is an Engineer
- Description: An overview of engineering and types of engineers.
- C4 – Careers in Transportation Engineering
- Description: Similar to the previous presentation but more depth
- C5 – Careers in Transportation Engineering
- Description: An overview of careers in transportation engineering originally presented to SDITE in 2009
- C6 – Transportation Planning Overview
- Description: Overview of Transportation Planning careers and projects
- C7 – ITE Expert Witness
- Description: Perspectives from the Transportation Expert Witness Council
- C8 – Transportation – Which Piece Fits You Best
- Description: Comparison of public vs private employment opportunities.